Tenure track faculty positions, Fall 2020-21
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages all applications.
The Faculty of Science at the Hebrew University seeks outstanding candidates for tenure track faculty positions at all levels for the 2020-21 academic year. Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree and significant post-doctoral experience is highly desired.
Evaluation of candidates will be based primarily on originality, the potential for performing ground-breaking research, high commitment for teaching. The candidate's sub-area of specialization will be considered too, as detailed at the Institute/School level (see appendix), yet we welcome applications in all areas of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Computer sciences and Engineering.
Candidates must demonstrate strong interest and track record in research, outstanding academic credentials, and a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and graduate training. Successful candidates are expected to establish and lead an independent research team pursuing a state-of-the-art research program, and to contribute significantly to the undergraduate and graduate teaching programs of the Faculty.
Unless otherwise specified in the institute specific instruction pages below, each applicant should include:
- Curriculum Vitae - see appendix
- Updated list of publications, with notes on specific contributions to multi-authored publications - see appendix
- Scientific biography (2-4 pages), where both the previous candidate's work and his/her future plans will be included
- Research Proposal
- Teaching interests and specific courses planned
- Previous teaching experience, including evaluation reports (if available)
- PDF files of 3 representative papers
- Recommendation letters from their advisors (Ph.D. and postdoctoral)
- A list of five experts who may be approached by the Faculty of Science to evaluate the candidate's qualifications for the requested academic position. Please specify the level of your acquaintance with the suggested referees and include at least two fellows with whom you have not collaborated. Please do not approach these referees
- In order to check the deadline for submitting applications: Please click below on the name of the Institute to which you wish to submit your candidacy.
Assistant for academic Affairs
Faculty of Science
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Edmond J. Safra CAmpus, Givat-Ram, Jerusalem 91904 ISRAEL